Friday, July 23, 2010

He's Got the Whole World


In his hands!! This has always been one of my favorite Sunday School songs and I couldn’t help but hum along as the kids were playing with this huge sprinkler globe!! As I watched the ball get thrown and kicked, I thought about how sometimes in life, we get tossed around a bit. I try to remember that these bumps in the road lead somewhere and there is a reason we have to hit them. Many years ago, Danny and I made the decision that he would go to business school in New Hampshire. As excited as I was for the adventure Danny and I were about to embark on, I had no idea how I could live without my family being within a 2 hour drive! We spent two years tucked away in the mountains and made some of the best friends of our lives and were blessed with our beautiful Ellie. I cried a lot and laughed a little during her colic with some of the best mom’s I know. After Danny’s graduation, we made the trek back to the Midwest to be closer to family. I was incredibly blessed with a fourth grade teaching position that I loved, while Danny began the climb up the corporate ladder. I know that he made many sacrifices to get us closer to our families, but, in the end, we loved Bettendorf and to this day consider it home! Our two bouncing baby boys were born here and so were many memories as a family of five!! I realize we were supposed to be close to family at this time because when Coop was born and spent his first five weeks in the NICU, we leaned on our families heavily. Ellie and Ethan were loved on completely at home while Danny and I could expend all of our energy fighting for Coop!! After Coop came home from the hospital, we knew the possibility of a transfer was in our future, but we had no idea when. I am so thankful that we had two years to build up his immune system and his lungs before we got the unforgettable call that we would be moving to China (one of the most polluted countries in the world!)! Much care and consideration went into the final decision, but as I look back, the path was carved for us and all of the bumps we had hit, prepared us for this next big adventure!! As we enter back into a season of unknowns (we have no idea when we will get the call that we are coming “home”) I am happy to be held in His hands wherever in the world that might be!!



No comments: