Sunday, July 11, 2010

I Want to Retire!!


As I have mentioned in previous posts, last week the kids and I spent 7 days with my parents at their house in Florida and Disney World!! This was the first time I was able to visit their new house in Florida and I was very excited to see where they spent a few months over the winter! I am so happy that my mom and dad have a place to escape where they can both be happy. They live in a community called The Villages, which is about 1 hour from Disney World. There are something like 17 swimming pools, tons of executive golf courses, a few championship golf courses, and more classes than anyone could take in a year! Both mom and dad worked extremely hard to raise my sisters, brothers, and I. They rarely bought anything for themselves, so they could provide for us. Now, they deserve to enjoy their little retreat away as much as possible!!

These are pictures from one of the downtown areas. The kids and I loved picking out our favorite golf carts!! You can also drive cars, but most people were out and about on the carts!

Probably my favorite part of being down south was that we could all stay together. The kids and I stay at my grandparent's house in Illinois (which is right next door to my mom and dad's), but in Florida we stayed with mom and dad the entire time! I realized as we were ending our trip that maybe they like a little peace every night when we go over to grandma's, but really, who can blame them??!! Plus, we do love staying at my grandma and grandpa's - they are so good to us and make us feel right at home!!

The kids loved all of the golf cart rides they got to take. I have a secret love of driving golf carts myself, so I was very excited when my mom reluctantly handed over the keys!! I could get used to driving a golf cart everywhere!!


Our visit to their house was just perfect! We were in no rush (no one really is, you have to be 55 or older to purchase a home) and the area was so peaceful! I foresee many trips back in the near future!!

No comments: