Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What's in the bags?

I mentioned in a previous post that we go back to the States with just a few bags - the essentials, but we come back with overflowing bags! Some people have asked what we can't find here that we have to bring back. I mean everything is made in China - right, but the funny thing is, everything is exported out of China. We can find fakes galore, but quality items are quite difficult to come by! On this trip, I took advantage of the winter sales and stocked up on the kids clothes for next winter. I even found Coop a coat for next year!!! The washing machines are really rough on the kids clothes and my kids are much taller than the children here, so finding clothes here is a real pain. Plus, I love on-line shopping and I'm pretty sure I'm doing a good job of keeping Gymboree in business!!

I also stock up on kitchen supplies! Some of the things I needed this time were: 3 rolls parchment paper, 2 rolls press & seal, 3 vanilla caramel coffee mates, 6 bags Starbucks coffee, chocolates and more chocolates, muffin liners, granola bars, oatmeal, gummies, Tastefully Simple Beer bread and potato cheddar soup (great for Sunday nights when I have to cook!!), fun napkins and paper plates, and lysol cleaning wipes!!! I also like to buy candles and any little craft things for the kids to do. This time ayi requested Shout - she's hooked - it's much better than scrubbing at a stain with a bar of soap!! I also buy lots of gifts for kids birthday parties so I am prepared when they get invited!! There are so many things I'm missing, but I think you get the point - it's a lot!!!
This is what our bed looked like after 6 of the 8 bags had been unloaded!!

2 bags to go - it really feels like we are moving again when we begin to unpack and try to find space for the things we bring back!!!

3 comments:

tjmummy said...

Hi, I left a comment on your earlier post abt Ethan's 1st day in school. My boy's in his class.

I can relate to this current post. :-)

The items you lug back are similar to those I bring back to Tianjin each time we return home too.

I really don't know where to find them here! :-)

Nai-Nai said...

Thank goodness you are doing your part to help our sad economy! Let us know if you forgot anything.

Love you all and miss you already,
Nai Nai and Pepere

Anonymous said...

Wow---you sure found a lot of goodies!