Thursday, January 8, 2009

Carry On Perfection

After countless times trying to figure out what to bring in our carry on bags, I think I have it down. On our first flight over, I had adorable bags made with the kids' names on them. They were filled to the rim with individual activities. Dan was not real happy about carrying these bags and the kids used about 2 items I had put in them. Needless to say, those bags are now our "restaurant" bags full of goodies for waiting for food when we are out to eat. I now carry on my Vera Bradley and a book bag only. In these two bags I pack....

As far as I'm concerned these DS games are lifesavers during our flight! The kids love them and so do Dan and I!!
Leapsters, just in case they get tired of the DS or the batteries run out! Plus, I think the Leapster games are more educational!!
You never know when you will need some batteries!!!



These are fantastic kids' headphones for Ethan and Coop - they actually stay on their ears!! Yes, we have tried to find them in other colors besides pink for the boys, but have not been able too!!!

Another lifesaver!! Sorry it is upside down, but this 5 point harness for Cooper keeps him in his seat!! I now use it more as a threatening tool since he is getting used to flying, but for the first few trips, it was invaluable!!
Chewable Dramamine (thanks dad!!) is the way to go for our little motion sick boy!! He kept begging for more pills the whole plane ride!!
I have found that I can only sleep with this lovely pillow!!
Danny found this portable DVD player that has a 12 hour battery - perfect for a 13 hour flight!!!
Extra pair of clothes - no explanation needed!!!
Packing is now an organizational challenge for me - I enjoy it and take great pride in bringing as little as possible to get by!!!

No comments: