Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And We're Off...Again!!

Today we fly to Singapore and then Indonesia for our R&R. We started our vacation a day earlier than planned because my ayi felt in her hands that it may snow. If it snows even a tiny bit here, there is much chaos and many times the highway between Tainjin and Beijing closes. We didn't want to take any chances - even though there were no reports of snow on the internet - so we came up to our favorite hotel, The Ascott, last night! You are probably all a bit worried that I am going by my ayi's hands to predict snowfall, but really I don't want anything to get in the way of us finding warm weather and 10 days to relax!!

We are so excited to go to Singapore. Apparently it is very clean - big on my list for vacationing spots now!! They also have a wonderful zoo and night safari for the kids. I get to go to Orchard Road which is well known for the shopping. It is very warm right now with temps hovering around 90 (probably too warm for Danny!).

After three days in Singapore we will take an hour long ferry ride to Indonesia, where we will be staying at an all inclusive resort that offers child care all day! We paid the extra so Coop could take part also!! I'm not sure if Danny and I will know what to do with a bit of time on our hands and no place to go but the beach!!!!

Shonna commented to me yesterday that it seems all we do is travel. Yes, this is true in some ways, but you have to remember that China can really wear on you. Our friends that have lived here for over a year told us to always have a trip planned to look forward too. We are following their advice and are so excited to see many parts of the world that at one time we thought we would only read about!!!

1 comment:

tjmummy said...

Ooh! That is so exciting! Wish I could be there too, so I can show you around!

The Zoo and Night Safari are awesome.

Where will your hotel be? I can give more suggestions?

Orchard Rd is lovely but there won't be too many cheap finds. Vivocity and HarbourFront near Sentosa are more kid-friendly, you may want to shop there.

For cheap and lovely cultural stuff, Little India and Chinatown are the best choices.

I can go on and on! Maybe I shd email you. :-)