Monday, January 5, 2009

Some Family Time and a Peaceful Good-Bye

Our trip to the US was bittersweet. We had so much fun spending time with our family, but I also wanted to visit my grandma's grave and say a final good-bye. My mom and I went to the cemetary after the ice melted to help me have some closure since I was unable to attend the funeral. As we were leaving, the most amazing thing happened, I looked out the window and staring right at us, were 8 beautiful deer. This really wouldn't be that big of deal, but in both my grandma and grandpa's obituaries, it talked about how they would take long drives to count deer. It was such a peaceful way to leave such a sad place, and I will be forever thankful for the sign that they were there and they will both continue to live on in my heart!

It was wonderful being back right after the holidays. There was really no place to rush off to and I got to see a lot of my family and spend quality time with them which is sometimes difficult during the holidays! We also squeezed in a run to Bettendorf (oh how I miss this place!!) for me to get a new license (wallet stolen beginning of December!), visit Dr. Omar (Coop had a double ear infection and we were advised NOT to take out his tonsils - yippee!!) and spend a quick lunch with friends at BK (thank you girls for making time for us - we miss you already!!), and meeting dear Jeannie in the parking lot for literally 10 minutes!! Danny's parents came down for New Year's which was fun and very relaxing!! We made it to Chicago for 1 night before we flew out the next morning! Unfortunately, 6 days went way too fast, but I am thankful for those six days and the memories we made!!



















1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, Kim. What a wonderful story. God was truely looking out for you and helping you say good-bye. I am so glad you shared this story. We all need to share and remember the little ways that HE shows his love to us. Take care!