Monday, March 15, 2010

A Perfect Fit!!

Mei mei has turned out to be the perfect fit into our family!! We all love her to pieces and I'm pretty sure she feels the same way!! She enjoys lazy days of playing catch, learning to sit, playing Wii, learning the piano, and cuddling with all of us!! We have decided to crate train her because that is what we did with our other pups! Ayi did not like this practice, but now she is amazed that Mei rarely has an accident!! She explained to me that her dog has a pan in the bathroom that she uses - can you imagine how stinky that gets?!! But, ayi is a huge help and Mei seems to love her too!

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about getting a dog while we are in China. First off, the buying process really scared me and then I was worried about the health of the dog we chose. I was also concerned about the travel we do, and about getting the puppy back to the US when it is time (it was heartbreaking to leave Jenni and I knew we couldn't do it again). Now, I am so thankful that we found our little Mei. She makes our house feel like a home. When we leave and then come back she is so eager for us to pick her up and cuddle. Ellie has possibly found her calling - she absolutely adores Mei mei. She takes her for walks, feeds her, and teaches her tricks - she is amazing with her!




No comments: