Saturday, April 9, 2011

They can really sell this stuff??



Not long ago I got urgent phone calls and many texts from a friend asking where I was and if I was okay!! Of course, I was fine, just not answering my phone because I was eating so many veggie dumplings at Din Tai Fung!! When I called her back she was a bit frantic because along the side of the outer ring road (which we take to get into the city) there were lots of people selling what appeared to be rifles and swords. This was about a month ago.


Now they are still selling these “weapons” that they claim are toys along the road, but coming even closer to our compound! I am now used to these people selling their handiwork on the side of the road, but it doesn’t make me less uneasy! Our drivers all laugh at us for being so scared. We have been told that it is not necessarily legal to sell these particular products on the side of the road, but no one wants to do anything about it. Sometimes I find it very strange how the government can be so strict with some things and then so lax with others!! I will never understand!!

No comments: