Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Made in China!!

When we left the States three years ago many of our friends predicted that we would bring home another baby (I think they were thinking that we would adopt!)! At the time, I absolutely thought they were out of their minds. I was not even ready to get another puppy, let alone another baby!! Well, last year we brought our sweet Mei Mei home and this August, we will be welcoming our newest little addition - a precious baby boy!! He is due to arrive on August 15!


When we flew back for the holidays, I suffered the worst jet lag that I had ever known. One night as I lay awake contemplating life, I realized that our life could possibly be changing dramatically and I had missed all of the signs!! When I told Danny that I thought we may be welcoming another baby he was a bit shocked!! After I confirmed my suspicions, Danny called us the Duggars for a few days and threatened to buy an RV to haul us all around the US! Once the fact that we were going to be parents for a fourth time sunk in, I can honestly say we were both over the moon!! I feel completely blessed that we are adding to our family!!


I can’t say that having another baby has been easy on me physically. This little one and I spent more time hugging the wonderful throne than I have with any of the other ones. I also got to endure two rounds of jet lag, which was extremely difficult - and took me almost 3 weeks to get over. I could not blog, let alone do anything else for the first 16 weeks due to feeling yucky! Thankfully my three sweet chidlren were so understanding and helpful. When I didn’t answer them, they began to assume I was emptying all contents of my stomach. I think Eens even rubbed my back once - too sweet!! Danny has also been an amazing husband (like usual), making me laugh when all I really wanted to do was cry!


I am now feeling better and most of my energy has returned!! I’ve started exercising and playing tennis again, which is a great sign! I’ve also returned to having a little bit of coffee in the morning which previously made me so sick I couldn’t even stand the smell! Little by little, life is returning to “normal” for me except for the belly sticking out!! I do love the belly and I love all of his little kicks. I feel like I can now truly enjoy this pregnancy and our little “made in China” miracle!!


Watch me grow....below are some of the ultrasound pictures of our little man! (sorry they are a bit blurry!!)


He's so tiny at 11 weeks!!

His little face at 15 weeks!!

And here he is at 20 weeks - his face and his little hand!!






1 comment:

Kris Nading said...

So excited for this adventure for you all!! Send love & prayers your way!!

The Nadings'