Monday, November 22, 2010

Tis the Season!!

Yes, once the Starbucks Christmas cups are out, it is time for us to decorate our house!! It seems to be getting earlier and earlier! Our first year here, we were anticipating being in China for the entire Christmas holiday, so we didn't rush the decorations. However, last year and this year, I have put up the decorations much earlier so we can enjoy them for a bit since the children and I leave December 14th for the US!!
Since I only brought about 1/3 of our Christmas decorations from home, we had plenty of space to fill this year! The kids loved decorating and are now begging me to watch the Christmas Story - I haven't given in yet! They have even written letters to Santa already!! They are hoping that Snowflake (our elf) will deliver them because none of us are too sure how to post a letter from China to the North Pole!!
Even Jenny Lou's is helping to spread holiday cheer this year! I went last week and found loads of Christmas treasure, chocolate treasure that is!! I did spend a small fortune on it, but it will be worth it when I devour those silly little bells!
It is truly the little things that we are finding joy in this year! May you and your family have a safe and joyful holiday season. We know we have so much to be thankful for this year and we are not going to take our many blessings for granted!

No comments: