Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Early Birthday Ellie Bean!!

El celebrated her 9th (oh my goodness, I can't believe she is going to be nine!!) last Friday night with a sleepover! Earlier in the year she went to a big sleepover at one of her friend's houses and I told that mom, "I'm not up for it, so don't expect a sleepover for El's birthday!". How wrong I was! El begged and pleaded for a sleepover and I really wanted to reward her for her outstanding work ethic that she has adopted this year, so I caved! We decided to do it this past weekend because we will be celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday (everyone works here on Thursday - Thanksgiving - what's that??!).

Ellie chose to have a beach theme, so we decorated the house and tried to come up with some beachy games! We wore hula skirts and leis, we decorated sun-visors, and we ate Hawaiian pizza!! We tossed rings around a flamingo, did the limbo, and played pass the parcel. Danny, of course, made Ellie a flower cake to help us celebrate!!

I was really worried about having so many girls over because I do not have the option to jump in the car if one of them wants to go home! I kept them as busy as possible, so much so that I believe I may have fallen asleep before some of the girls! Don't worry, I woke up about five times throughout the night to go and check on them! I guess I might as well get used to this as we enter the tween years!!

Good night sweet girls!!

No comments: