Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Family History by Ethan!

While Danny's parents were visiting, Eens had a special treat for them...a presentation on his family history. We went to school first thing in the morning where we enjoyed Grade 1 singing my favorite Chinese song (this may be because I only know a couple!!), the English translation is I Love My Family. Ellie's class performed it when she was in Grade 1 and I got teary eyed then too!After the children sang to us, Eens took us to his presentation area and showed us a couple of projects that he had been working on during the Family History unit! I loved listening to Eens explain how our family works, apparently Danny has a sister and Steph (my sister-in-law) is my sister and Robby just married in!! I have included some of the drawings that he did for his timeline! He loves to draw and I enjoy discovering all of the details he discreetly includes. I had a good giggle about the nice shirt Coop's doctor was apparently wearing when Coopie was in the NICU!! My sweet boy has quite the imagination!!
After we listened to Eens we enjoyed his friend's family histories, which were just as interesting!! Then we were able to enjoy coffee, tea, and cakes with Eensie!! It was a great morning and really fun for Danny's parents to see what the children are learning at school!


No comments: