Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A bit of paradise in Southeast Asia



Although our arrival in Phuket, Thailand was not exactly as I had pictured it because Coop was so sick, it was still breathtaking. The air was so clean, the sky was a beautiful blue, it was warm (actually piping hot would be a better adjective), and we were on holiday in a place I had only ever dreamed of visiting!! One would probably think that we would become ungrateful of the beautiful places we have had the opportunity to visit, but trust me, there is not a day that goes by that I don’t realize how truly blessed we are. When we decided to make our move to China, Danny and I both agreed that we would make the most of all the traveling we could do. For me, when we go to different countries, I become fascinated with the different ways of life, the different modes of transportation, and the many structures that are vastly different than what we see in the US. I am thrilled that my children have the opportunity to see that people live differently because I can sense their level of acceptance and tolerance is remarkably higher than mine. This is definitely one of the perks of going on an expat assignment!!


For the first two days of our holiday we stayed at the JW Marriott in Phuket. We spent most of our time at the pool because it was perfect for the wee little ones!! We did venture to the beach for a bit, but how do I put it...(sorry friends and family freezing at home), it was too hot!! The temperature was 95 every day with rarely a cloud to be seen, so we were applying sunscreen like mad!! Eens also had a run in with a crab on the beach which sent him climbing up Danny’s leg, so that forced us back to the pool!! I was perfectly happy being lazy and trying to nurse Coop back to health!!

On the second day, after the doctor came, I took El and Eens for a little swim because Eens decided to brave the little slide. I was so proud of him when he finally (after many, many catches by mommy) decided to go down by himself. Of course after that, I couldn’t get him off of it!!



No comments: