Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Zai Jian Wode Pengyou...

Good-bye my friend! Last night, after two months of good-bye parties, we had our final girls night out for a very dear friend. I am having a really hard time knowing she is leaving on Saturday. She is the type of person who brings sunshine when the pollution is terrible, she is passionate about everything she does, and she has the energy of a child! I will truly miss her and her beautiful family.

I knew going into this experience that the worst part would be the good-byes, but I really thought the most painful would be those I had to do in the US. Don't get me wrong, those are still very painful, but I know I am going back to be with my loved ones as soon as possible. The good-byes on this side of the world are a bit more difficult when you know that oceans and not states will seperate you. I know we will visit this family in the future and they will visit us in the US, but it doesn't make the hurt go away.
Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

No comments: