Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Home for the Holidays!

The kids and I arrived in the US last Friday and we couldn't be happier and more thankful to be here at this time of year!! I was even brave enough (or should I say crazy enough!) to bring the kids back by myself! The kids are pros at the plane ride, so there were no problems on the plane, this was to the delight of all of the business men traveling back home!! Actually, the nen were very helpful with letting me get on the plane first, situating all of my carry-ons for me, and then pushing my stroller while I got organized! The only problem was going through customs on both ends where they will not allow you to get a cart to put all of your carry-ons safely in one place. So, the kids were dropping things left and right and we were all a bit hot with our heavy coats on, but we eventually made it through!

It was all worth it when I saw my parents on the other side of the doors in the international terminal. I would do it all over again just to spend Christmas with our families!

We have really spent the past week just enjoying family and friends and also trying to finish up our Christmas shopping! I was able to do a lot of it on-line in China, but there are plenty of last minute gifts to be bought now that the kids realize there are so many toys available!!

Thanks to my dear sister-in-law Steph, we were able to get the kids their H1N1 shots without standing in line!! We kept going back and forth on whether we should get the shots, but in the end we decided to do it because of the travel we have planned over the next couple of months. Thankfully, the kids seem to be fine from the shots! We were also able to visit with our beloved pediatrician to discuss Coop's asthma diagnosis this fall in China. At this point, he does not think Cooper has asthma. His symptoms this fall did not fit the clinical definition of asthma, but of course this could all change. We appreciate his opinion and that he always takes the time to see us and visit with us! We really miss the medical care that is available in the states!

These are just a few snapshots from this past week with my family!! I cherish every moment I get to spend with them - it is never enough, but I am grateful for each and every hug!!


No comments: