Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Ball 2009

Last year at this time, Danny and I went on our first date night in China to the TICC Christmas Ball. We had a good time, but we did not really have too many strong connnections yet. What a difference a year can make. This past Saturday night we enjoyed a night of fun, food, and dancing with a large number of the expat community. It was fun to get dressed up with our heels on and go dancing. The only thing is, the music is always pretty bad at these events - they play things that were popular 10 years ago, but we are really beginning to embrace Bon Jovi's Now or Never song (not sure of the exact title!!). I could probably sing it in my sleep! It is also very interesting to watch which groups of expats like different types of music.

We sat at a wonderful table with our dear Brits, our new friends from America, and our dear Australian friends! We all had a good laugh at the expense of our individual quirks that derive from the countries we are from. Most of our non-American friends tease us that everything is "always bigger and better in America"! I used to think this, but over these past 18 months, I've realized that some things may be bigger, but not always better - I'm opening up my eyes a little! It's very interesting to view your country from the eyes of someone else!

No comments: