Thursday, December 3, 2009

Singing Sensations!

Last Saturday night we had an extremely enjoyable time with good friends and good fun singing away! I got my first opportunity to go to a KTV here in China! These are very popular with the locals and I have been curious since I arrived and saw these huge buildings with KTV on them! Danny has been a couple of times for work functions and that just made me want to go more!

We went to a KTV that was located on the upper level of one of the department stores I like to frequent! The place was made up of a maze of rooms that could be rented out. We rented out a large room that held 30 people. It was a great room with a stage, seating and then a bar area at the back. The karoake equipment seemed very modern, but I don't really know much about it! There was not a huge selection of songs in English, but we found enough to keep us going for over 3 hours!! Some of the songs we hadn't heard in ages and honestly some of the songs I had never heard at all!! But it didn't matter, I found my next calling - karoake singing!!

It's amazing how these places function, I'm just not sure it would work in the US. The only employees we saw were a couple who brought in drinks and then the ones stationed in the hallways that helped me several times find my way back to the room after a quick trip to the potty! They knew exactly which room we were in because we were the only foreigners there!! A lot of the Chinese rent single rooms and go in and practice singing - obviously they take it much more seriously than a bunch of crazy laowai (foreigners!)!

Obviously, we still only have eyes for each other!! Hehe!!

No comments: