Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Watch out Shanghai!!

I believe I wrote this summer that while the girls are away the boys will play, and that they did. So, this past weekend, myself and four very dear friends took off to Shanghai. Our intention was to shop and dine to our hearts content and I think we were very successful.

Friday night was one of those nights that I will giggle about for a long time to come!! I don't "let my hair down" that often, but when I do, watch out world!! I should not be allowed to drink tequila, but we were at a Mexican restaurant and I can't turn down a good margarita. So the night began with margaritas and proceeded back to the Ritz for a nightcap in the bar, that according to the concierge did not exist (they tried to tell us there was not a bar in the hotel - I think that was a hint!), then the worm came out (in the hotel lobby, I know, real appropriate and mature!), then some singing with the singer who apparently didn't know any words to any songs, and finally management knocking on our door at 3 am asking us to please quiet down!! Even Danny couldn't believe 5 moms could cause that much mischief in one night!!

This was the singer at the Ritz bar who must lip sync because we all knew more lyrics than she did, but she was a good sport, and a good time was had by all!!!
On Saturday we had our car come at 10:00, which was way too early, but the shops were calling our names! We shopped for 8 hours straight with only one small break and that was to eat lunch at Hooter's! Myself and my North American friend thought that our friends from across the pond should not miss out on the opportunity to dine at one of America's finest establishments! We laughed and laughed and the greasy food tasted so good!!
After our full day of shopping we went out to a delicious dinner at M on the Bund. Danny and I had taken the kids there last spring, but we were there during lunch. The view in the evening was amazing as we could see all of the amazing architecture lit up on the Pudong side of Shanghai! It was so nice to have a leisurely dinner, which even included coffee and dessert!! We were all pretty exhausted from the shopping and excitement from the night before, so we enjoyed a quiet night just chatting away!!

Then we went to get taxis and when we gave the driver the card for our hotel, he said he can't see very well. At this point one should maybe rethink getting into that taxi, but not us, in we go, we couldn't wait to sleep!

On Sunday we returned to our lovely husbands who all did a fantastic job with the children!!

No comments: