Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Coopie's First Field Trip!

Today I was able to accompany Coop on his first field trip! When I got the note from the teachers my first thoughts were, they are either very brave or completely crazy to take 20 little 3 year olds out of the confines of the school! I decided immediately that I needed to go since my little Coop is quite the wanderer. We made our way to a new EMart to visit a bakery. I think the purpose was to watch some baking, but in reality we bought a snack, ate it, and then got back on the bus!! I'm not sure what the educational value of it was, but I think the kids had fun and I enjoyed spending some time with Coop and his friends!!
Before we left the school, the kids got into the spirit of visiting a bakery by singing their brown buns song. Coop started out as a bun, but as you can see in the second picture decided that the pressure of being a bun was too much. He sweetly said, "Ms. Bridget, can I go see my mommy." And then he burst into tears!! Nothing lots of hugs didn't fix!!
At the bakery he was all smiles as he tried everything on his other teacher's tray. She must have good taste because he only spit one thing out (all chewed up on the table!)!!

1 comment:

Nai-Nai said...

Ooooo ooo, sweet little Coopie! We remember him in Iowa when he made his debut in a singing skit. He tried SO hard to be brave but ended up "folding" his face and saying "I want my Mommy". Again, lots of hugs from you and goodies came to the rescue. So sweet. Remember he is barely three feet short.... Give him an extra kiss from us! Love you all.