Friday, October 9, 2009

Ellie in her element

My little adventurer had a wonderful time on this holiday. The day before we left she told me, "Maybe I should pretend I don't like it here so tomorrow I won't be so sad to leave!" My sentiments exactly!! Living overseas has brought out so many of Ellie's amazing gifts. Before we moved she had a hard time making new friends, she liked to stick to those whom she was comfortable with, but now she is the first one to make a new friend. She loves going to Mini club for that reason. And sure enough, the first day Ellie had made several friends that she hung out with the entire time we were there!


Not only was she making new friends, she also got to participate in many activities during the day. One day Danny and I were giggling because by 12:00 El had played golf, archery, bungeed on a trampoline, swung on the trapeze, and went on a hunt for creatures through the jungle!! That same afternoon she kayaked and then later that night she was in a fashion show. She also had a couple hours of swimming in there!! How she does it, I have no idea, but I am extremely proud that she loves trying new things!! One of her favorite new activities is sailing. Every afternoon mini club went to the beach and she could choose to kayak, play on the beach, or sail! She sailed everyday except the day that there was not enough wind to go!!

Here are some of the pictures of Ellie in her element!!!

El's in the boat with the yellow sail!!

Flipping on the bungee cords!
Making friends with lovely sisters from Korea!


If you can't sail, you might as well kayak!!

No comments: