Friday, December 12, 2008

Our Pirate!

I have talked about Eensie before, but I have to tell you that this boy amazes me everyday. Some of the words I would use to describe Eens are...confident, a leader, creative, compassionate, and sensitive. Never in a million years would I have thought of Eens as being a leader. He continues to be a people pleaser, but he is so much more. He has managed to get all of the boys in his class into pirate mode. Danny and I were at school this morning for the Winter Concert and we were looking at the PreK snowmen - all of the boys had made pirate snowmen. I was talking to his teacher later on in the morning and she said it had been Ethan's idea!! He has also managed to build a "volcano" with his friend Oscar out of recycled items!! His teacher said there are even sound effects which include Eens spitting (on accident of course!) all over the place!! The other night he came home after school and fashioned an entire pirate outfit out of paper! He is so absorbed in his "projects" and will spend hours at the kitchen table until he is finished! I continue to be so proud of him and all of his accomplishments! I keep asking myself if this move has given him the confidence he has, is it his school and teacher who have encouraged his creativity, or is it that I am finally able to sit back and enjoy watching him grow into this sweet, wonderful, independent boy?



This morning after the concert, Coop and I went to Eensie's class so that I could read to the class! He has the sweetest classmates. There are 16 4 year olds in the class with one teacher and Ms. Snow (who loves my children so much!!), she is a TA and also teaches the children Chinese! Eens' teacher is very energetic and it is obvious that she wakes up almost every morning wanting to go to work! I read to a group of 8 and then they treated me to waffles that they had prepared in the morning, muffins, fruit, and juice. Cooper played with Ms. Snow the entire time - she cannot wait until he starts school! He gives her hugs and kisses and tells her he loves her in Chinese! I was so happy I was able to witness Eens in his school environment! Each time I go to school I feel more and more like a part of the community - I am beginning to understand why people say it is harder than you think to go back! Don't worry mom, we won't extend the contract, but I am very thankful we are surrounded by caring and supportive people!!

No comments: