Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Clark would not be disappointed!

The outside lights put up in our compound would make Clark Griswold proud! They have put every color and type of light they can find on trees and bushes. It's hard for the kids to fall asleep because the lights stay on until the middle of the night and they are extremely bright and flashy! Oh well, it is all in good fun and it helps us get into the spirit! We were very appreciative that they even put a light up tree on our front porch.

My friend Sharon had told me that I could find a big blow up Frosty at a store here. I was so excited to go and buy it, but then I started to look outside for outlets and I couldn't find any so I just assumed there would be no lights outside. You are probably wondering to yourself, how then did they put up lights and trees on porches? I must show you pictures because if I told you what they have done, you would not believe it.
This is on our porch and they have used the wires from our light and connected it to the light wires on the tree.


This is hanging on our deck - it is similar to the one on the porch (connected to our light wires) except that they have put a plastic bag over this one. I am not an electrician, but I cannot imagine this is safe??!!

Now that I see what they are capable of, maybe I should go and buy Frosty, they could probably rig it up pretty easily! Or else, a better idea, wait until we move back to the US and buy a great big Frosty and plug it in properly!!!

No comments: