Monday, May 2, 2011

Seriously, Why??

Today, Monday, May 2nd was a national holiday! The children did not have school and Danny had the day off from work. It was a gorgeous day - sunny and in the 80’s with little humidity! We were in Beijing and I wanted to take advantage of the blue sky, so we decided to take the kids to the Beijing Zoo. Seriously, why would I ever put myself and my sweet, sweet family through such mayhem? I learned during our first year to either leave the country or stay in the house during any national holiday. Going to any public place just equals chaos!

Today was no exception - people were out in droves trying to get the best picture of themselves standing in front of random things and pushing there way to see the animals! Thankfully our kids “got it” straight away and they each picked out one animal that they wanted to see! They were complaining a bit of the heat, so they each got a hat with transformer like sunglasses and a solar powered fan!! They were pleased with those and did very little complaining despite the fact that they were being pushed and shoved and photographed every few feet!!

I’m pretty sure this was the last public holiday we will be in China and for that, I am very thankful!!



No comments: