Monday, May 2, 2011

Congratulations William and Kate!!

I’m pretty sure my children have become honorary British citizens. They definitely have acquired the accent from their friends!! I also may have developed a slight accent, but I’m sure my Midwestern twang will return in no time this summer!!

There was no doubt in my mind that we would be watching the royal wedding on Friday night! And, lucky us, we were able to watch it live starting at 3:00 in the afternoon! Ellie and I couldn’t remove ourselves from the tv. Even ayi pretended to fold laundry for over an hour so she could watch it with us!! The boys were most interested in seeing Prince William and Prince Harry - there favorite was of course Prince Harry because he looked a bit naughty!! I had to get ready to go to a dinner while we were waiting for Kate to emerge from her hotel, so El set a timer for me while I was in the shower so I wouldn’t miss it! I had tears in my eyes watching everything unfold - I really thought it was a very classy production!!


Our British friends couldn’t miss the opportunity to celebrate the special event, so on Saturday we spent the afternoon at a Royal Tea Party!! Karen had many “royal” games for the kids to play and she made traditional English tea (with milk - which I am finally getting used to and quite enjoy!) for the adults!! As always, we all had a wonderful time and were so happy we could spend the day together!!

Playing pin the tail on the Corgie (not sure about spelling!)!Playing pass the "royal" jelly and then eating it!!
And there is the "bump" at 24 1/2 weeks!! I don't think this is a small baby!!

No comments: