Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Easter 2011!!

We have been blessed for the past three years to have gorgeous weather on Easter Sunday! This year was no exception, the sun was shining, it was warm, and we enjoyed a lovely Easter dinner with very dear friends!


The little ones woke nice and early, excited to see if the Easter bunny had visited us in China. Sure enough, the baskets were full of gifts and candy! They were thrilled with their new DS games, Legos, Nerf gun sets, and all of the chocolate! Thankfully the bunny didn’t forget to leave Danny’s favorite - Lindt chocolates and my favorite - Reese’s peanut butter eggs (mine are gone already!)!!


Later in the day we went to Paul and Ginny’s for a delicious feast of foods and an egg hunt! The kids loved hunting for the eggs this year because Em hid them really well!! Coop was crawling under bushes and Ellie was using her long arms to find the ones hidden high in the trees!! It was fun to watch the smiles and how they all helped each other find the same amount of eggs!






Dinner was delicious with ham and roast and so many side dishes I could hardly get up from the table!! I was very thankful that my morning sickness was almost completely gone so I could enjoy everything!!


I did find the day a bit bittersweet, as I think I am finding many of my days now. The holidays take on new meaning for us here because there are so many new traditions we are learning from our friends and so many things we are sharing with them!! I’m sure next year as we celebrate the holidays, we will try and add bits and pieces of our China “family” to make them even more special!!

No comments: