Monday, October 18, 2010

Sports for Everyone!!

One of the many things I love about Club Med is the availability of many different sporting activities. Now don't get me wrong, I love to sit and relax, but I also like to be a bit active during the day! I figure this makes up for the large amounts of food that I eat while we are there!! Each resort offers different sports and each season allows you to do different things. We must have went during the perfect season because we were able to do everything we wanted to do in Bali!

Danny and I played tennis just one morning due to the extreme heat - and the fact that I am in desperate need of lessons again!! We also played golf one morning which I excelled at for the first two holes and then it went downhill, again, lessons would come in handy!!

One of our favorite things to do was snorkel. The first time we went out, the tide was in and it was rocky! We didn't even have to swim because we were carried by the waves. Ellie was begging to go, so we had her practice in the pool and then the next afternoon when the tide was out, we took her! She was amazing. The first time I went was when I was about 20 and it spooked me a little, but the mask and breathing didn't even seem to effect her! We saw many different species of fish and she loved pointing all of the different ones out to me! I held her hand and we just floated peacefully on top of the water!!
Danny and the boys also enjoyed their water aerobics! How funny it is to watch them in the water! I participated one day, but honestly it is much more entertaining to watch from the side!!

Danny also attempted to wind surf. I think it must be a lot harder than it looks because he kept doing it over and over. In the end, he was doing great and could stay on the board! Karen and John helped him and gave him pointers all along! I stayed on the beach and took pictures!
Danny and I kayaked one morning together! I really enjoyed just sitting there and letting him do all of the work! I had to get out of the boat at one point because I thought some Chinese were attempting to take my lounger! I immediately jumped out of the kayak and ran towards them only to realize they were a few chairs behind ours! I had to pretend that I was taking some pictures from afar to save face!!
I love being active and spending time with my dear hubby!!

No comments: