Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Halloween from Hong Kong Disney!!

We started our October holiday off just right with our first stop being Hong Kong! We were fortunate to be able to fly directly out of Tianjin for this trip (quite rare when we fly international!) to Hong Kong. When I found out our flight plan, I knew we had to stay for a couple of days for the kids to enjoy Hong Kong Disney because we can't get enough of Disney! We left on Thursday and spent all afternoon and the following day at the park! The kids were all very excited because the Halloween decorations were up! They kept asking to look at the website weeks before we were leaving to plan out what all they would do. Eens appeared to be up for the challenge of confronting ghosts and goblins!! Things change quite quickly...It was a beautiful day when we arrived, so we went straight for all the rides! As usual we walked on everything, although we did think it was a little busier than it has been in the past! We usually ride Buzz about 10 times at least - I'm actually getting pretty good at aiming my laser, but my arm is always so tired when I am done! Danny and Eens adore Small World, so that is always a must on the to do list!! As you can see Coop cannot complain about Small World even though he is a "roller coaster boy" because he gets to drink his frozen Coke!Eensie (my sweet, sweet boy) still loves the Winnie the Pooh ride. I think when the hopping starts on the ride, he actually gets scared!! Bless his sweet little heart!I was thrilled when Cooper declared that he wanted to ride Dumbo, although I was the only one! Danny, El, and Eens mumbled and grumbled the entire time we waited. It did turn into a somewhat exciting wait as there was a scuffle at the front of the line. Security had to be called and unfortunately due to the language barrier we couldn't understand a thing! It appeared to me that two ladies and there children forgot the "wait in line" policy and pushed straight towards the front. An older gentleman and his wife/girlfriend? did not let them pass and they started to fight. There was a lot of yelling and a bit of pushing - it was really entertaining to watch! When the security arrived they tried to take all of the people involved away, but the older gentleman (who had no children with him) refused to go until he got to ride on Dumbo!!As it got darker, scary things started to transform Disney! Danny and Ellie were all smiles, but Eensie was beginning to doubt his bravery!!I thought it would be fun if we all went through Demon Jungle (you must be thinking I'm crazy), but honestly I thought it couldn't be too scary - we were in Disney! We all got in line and then I started to hear screams. These were real screams and they sounded like they were coming from very scared people! Danny and I both looked at each other and we decided that it might be best if I wait with the boys for him and Ellie to go through!! We went to the exit and immediately I knew we had made the right decision! Ellie was fine when she got out, but Danny said he had to give "the look" to all of the "ghosts" he saw standing ready to jump out at El!! Thankfully we haven't had any nightmares, but I think that was probably a bad decision on my part!!We decided to make our way towards the front of the park to shop and watch the fireworks! The castle was lit up in festive colors, so of course we had to take a picture!! As we were making our way to Main Street, I heard creepy music fill the air. I looked up and saw dancers in rags filling the street. Straight away we ducked into the first shop because it reminded me of the Thriller video and that always spooked me, so I knew there was no way Eens could handle it! We decided to walk through the stores and exit the park early!! We were almost halfway down the street when we had to exit the store and cross a street to go into the next one. I looked out the window and didn't see anyone dancing, so I assumed the coast was clear! Wrong...
This lady (I know she doesn't look that scary, but she was) gave Ethan a spooky look and our night ended much faster than we thought it would!! Eens burst into tears and was shaking like crazy. Danny basically grabbed him and ran out of the park. El, Coop, and I really didn't understand what was going on until we caught up to them! Poor Eens, he will probably never go to a Disney park at nighttime again!!
Thankfully when we arrived back at our hotel, Donald was wandering the hallways. He put a big smile on all the kids faces and we all fell asleep happy! Eens did not let go of me all night, but at least he slept!!

No comments: