Monday, October 18, 2010

Beautiful Bali!

After spending a couple of days in Hong Kong we (maybe Dan and I more than the munchkins!) were so excited to board our flight bound for Bali!! This holiday we were extremely fortunate to travel with our dear friends! We are all in the same predicament of not knowing when or where we will end up next, so we had decided long ago that we would vacation together in October!

We all met at the airport! Danny and I, with our large amounts of luggage and three children, somehow managed to get checked in at the Business Class counter. We were lucky because our luggage was overweight and they didn't even blink!! After we were all through immigration and security, the shops called our names! I love Hong Kong airport because it provides ample amounts of shopping that can be done until right before you board! This proved to be a bit problematic when Paul couldn't find Ginnette as we were boarding!! We shouldn't have worried though because she was just at the "chemist" (British for pharmacy - I really am learning their langauge!) buying new toothbrushes! We all made it safely on the plane just in time to start playing with the fantastic remote control for the tv!! It was probably the best flight I have been on in a long time - I could pick movies, tv shows, games, you name it and they had it there!!

Once we arrived in Bali, the boys had to negotiate a price for taxis to take us to Club Med in Nusa Dua. They thought they were so clever, but somehow we ended up paying for a taxi that we didn't even use!! Oh well - I think we paid about $45 total for 5 taxis!

Once we arrived I felt completely relaxed as I always do at Club Med! We unpacked and had our air conditioner fixed (there's always something that is broken when we travel), and then we headed straight to the pool!

The grounds of the resort were absolutely gorgeous - it truly took my breath away!
This was "our" beach for 8 days!! We had a bar and there was a running/walking path that went on for a couple of miles! Danny couldn't believe that I actually got up early and went running, but I just couldn't resist when I looked out the window and saw the beach calling me!

The children were all zen from doing yoga in kids club!!
There were many temples all over the island. Offerings and prayers were given frequently throughout the day. I need to research why the statues were all wrapped in cloth - I have no idea??
This was the kids club section - they had a wonderful pool that was completely shaded, so the kids did not get sunburned, unlike their mommy!!

This is part of the putting green and soccer field. This was all located behind our rooms!
On the way to the shopping mall (of course, I had looked up shopping venues before we even arrived!) there was this great building. I love being in a different country and exploring all of the different architecture and customs that exist!

No comments: