Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birthdays are not so bad!!


I never make a big deal over my own birthday - when it is the kids' birthday or Danny's I like to spoil them rotten, but for my own, I prefer a nice quiet affair!! I lucked out this year and my big day fell over spring break, so almost everyone was gone except a couple of very dear friends! The kids and I went to the People's Park with them in the morning to enjoy a beautiful day and then had a nice leisurely lunch where the mommies played on our i-phones and the kids played in the playroom - we were all happy!!
Just had to post this picture - you never know what you will see walking through a local park!!

Later in the day, the kids and I met Danny at the new Italian restuarant, Prego, at the Westin! All I can say is that I think it was the best food we have eaten since we have been in China!! Who knew you could get excellent quality Italian food in Tianjin!! We only had one spill and one minor meltdown - I think good behavior was part of my gift from the kids! And, thanks to our very good friend, I even got a special cake!! It was the perfect end to a wonderful day!
The cards, gifts, and messages from all of my loved ones also made it even more special - thank you for thinking of me!!

No comments: