Monday, April 27, 2009

Newest American Idol, or should I say, Chinese Idol?!

Ellie, my shy little daughter, shocked both Danny and I when she announced that she would be entering the Chinese singing competition at school!! She practiced her two songs that she had to sing, day and night, so much so that Eens and Coop now can sing them!! She was very proud of herself for getting up in front of her peers and singing in a language that 7 months ago she knew nothing about!!

On Friday I went to the morning assembly because they were distributing awards. She came home with a bronze medal!! Now, there were several other students who got bronze with her, but we were all quite proud of her! Yeah Ellie!!

1 comment:

Nai-Nai said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Miss Ellie is an American and Chinese Idol!! She seems to have a healthy dose of self confidence that I never had at her age...good for her! Please give her a kiss for us and please post more of her art too.

Love to all!