Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're official!!


Today we went to the police station and received our residence permits. We are now officially registered to live in China and we may come and go out of the country for the next year! I had to make three trips total to the police station to get this accomplished! Today, the third time we have been, my driver gets lost. We end up driving in stop and go traffic for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in the back of the van, Eens has decided he is sick to his stomach (sound familiar T?!). I find a tiny ziploc bag filled with Leapster games, dump those in El's bag and tell Eens to puke in there! He sees the bag and decides to dry heave a little and he is done! I am so thankful because if he would've vomitted in the bag and I would have had to look at it, we would have needed another bag for me!!! Disaster averted and mission accomplished!


We also became official today by buying some DVDs. It is amazing how quickly the movies are put on to a DVD here!!!! I wonder how that happens?!! I felt a little bad about this, but my kids really needed some new movies and Danny and I missed a lot of the movies out these past 6 months while preparing for our move!! Does that make it okay?! I bought 13 DVDs for about $10. This is quality entertainment at a great price!!
The third St. Martin has started to ride a bike now!! Last week we put Coop on Eensie's bike and off he went. Eensie's bike is a little too big, so on Sunday we bought a smaller one. Our front porch is starting to look like Walmart!! We don't have a garage, so all the bikes and stroller sit out there where they are somewhat protected from the rain!
My dear Cooper may have earned himself a vacation to preschool a couple days a week after this past hour. First he was running in the house (which is against our "rules") and he ran right into the fish bowl. It dumped, he screamed, I screamed, and the fish stopped moving. I immediately took off all of his clothes because the water was pretty nasty! Then Ellie, in her motherly role, ran and filled cups of water for the fish - they moved again!! Lastly we cleaned up all of the water while Cooper repeated, "No, no do tat again!" Okay! I gave him a quick bath and let it go! Only to find him 10 minutes later with marker all over his face. All I could do was laugh as he repeated, "No, no do tat again!" Sure Coop!!!
Today I was finally able to meet Jaramee, a friend who I have been e-mailing for the past few months about our move. She brought her adorable daughter Maeli to Tianjin and took me to some hidden treasures in Tianjin! She lived in Tianjin for almost 3 years, she now lives in TEDA, which is about 1 hour away. She took me to buy the DVDs, and to 2 import stores!! We found all kinds of things we have been missing. Danny is going to be so happy because we found tortilla chips, salsa, and granola bars!! I am so thrilled to know where these stores are - how fun to have American food!! I did pay $10 for a box of cereal, but I figure it is worth it to see my sweet children smile in the morning!! Jaramee also called her massage therapist and mani/pedi lady and gave them my information so they can come to my house! I cannot wait! It was so nice visiting with her and listening to all of her stories from here in China! The only sad thing is, her husband will probably be transferred back to the states in the next few months! I will enjoy spending any time I can with her while she is here!!

I hope all of your kids are enjoying the start of the school year! Gracie - I hope you had a great first day of kindergarten, you are such a big girl!! We miss you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the sickness crisis was diverted! That would've been no fun in the vehicle!

I love the pic of Coop with marker on his face---too cute!

I cannot believe you got all those DVDs for $10---what a deal!

It's awesome that you have friends over there already--it sounds like you will really enjoy living there!

Nai-Nai said...

Oh my... I love your tales and it has been nary a month! Your tales make me laugh and cry and I had to get another cup of coffee. What antics the kids do that will not kill you will, hopefully, make you stronger. By the way, what happened to the fish, we had a turtle episode...but that's another story. Love to all and good luck!

Unknown said...

What a good day it turned out to be!

Great deal on the DVDs! Better watch out with all the bragging :-) or you'll end up having to take orders for all the statesiders!