Sunday, January 16, 2011

Frozen Tundra!

I knew before we even got back to the states that there would be snow on the ground and it would be freezing. I’m not sure why, but it always feels so much colder when we are visiting our parents than when we are in Tianjin - even if it is the exact same temperature. I’m assuming that it has to do with how dry Tianjin is (no snow yet - yippee!!) and it also helps that I always have a warm car waiting for me! To prepare for the cold and snow, I thought I was smart this year by ordering boots and snow pants for the kids prior to arriving at my parent’s house. (My way of saving luggage space!!)


There was definitely snow, but I didn’t take into account the fact that it was too cold to go out and play in it!! By the end of day two, Ellie and I had went and purchased Uggs that go up to our knee in an attempt to stay warm!! The weather did finally warm up a little during our second week in the frozen tundra. I actually made the kids go outside and play because they had spent all of their time in the house! At first they put up a big fuss, but eventually I got them all out and they had a ball!! They were sledding down a mini hill and ended up having a snowball fight - with a bit of crying from each one at different times!! They came in to a nice mug of hot chocolate waiting for them!!







No comments: