Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thank You United Lady!!

Today (last Friday!) hopefully marked the last time that we will be hauling 11 checked bags and about 12 carry-on items through an airport!! I am always so proud of my packing abilities, but they failed today! My final bag weighed in at a whopping 67 pounds when it was supposed to be 50. I’m not sure if it was the three packs of frozen hot dogs that I put in at the last minute, but it was definitely overweight. Instead of telling Danny of my mistake (we now had 4 70 pound bags instead of 3), I decided to test my luck with the mass confusion we create when we enter the airport.


The United lady gave us one look and I think she almost closed her aisle, but thanks to all of our miles we were in a priority line, so she had to accept her fate!! We began by placing some lighter bags on (by lighter I mean they weighed about 47 pounds) first to show that we were following baggage requirements. We put the 70 pounders in between hoping that confusion would stop her from realizing we were over the weight limit more than we should have been! In the end, we had 5 bags over the 50 pound limit and I’m not sure if it was confusion, or just that this woman was really kind, but she did not charge us!!! Thank you so much United lady - you made my day and saved my track record of being a great packer!!!

No comments: