Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cheap or a Real Steal??

The other day I was shopping in exciting E-Mart where I happened to stumble upon the Christmas decoration section. When we first came to China, I was only able to find about 10 Christmas items for sale. This year, I was very excited to see almost a whole aisle dedicated to Christmas!! Of course, most of the decorations weren't really my style, but they were still there! I remember our first Christmas here, my ayi had to keep going to the local market to try and find lights for the tree (they kept going out), but this year I can find many different kinds right in E-Mart! I, of course got a bit excited and decided to buy a tree for the kids' rooms! I got a good giggle out of my girlfriends because they could not believe I was buying these trees. I explained that in the US we usually had a tree in almost every room, except for the bathrooms!!

I bought the trees for a mere $2 apiece(ornaments and garland included!!)! The children could not have been happier!! Now every night they fall asleep to the colorful lights blinking off and on! I'm pretty sure these trees will be in the shipment going back to the US and they may just be the little ones favorite things to pull out every year!! That is of course, if they survive!!!

No comments: