Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Polar Ocean World!

On Saturday morning we ventured to Polar Ocean World. My expectations were not high given that most animal exhibitions in China are poorly taken care of! I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and the care that is given to the animals. Most exhibits were as close to the natural environment as possible. There were a few, of course, that need a bit of updating and the animals need more space, but overall, it did not leave me with that guilty feeling I usually have!! When we arrived we walked right into the dolphin show. We missed a few minutes of it, but what we saw was great! The kids loved watching the dolphins perform and so did Danny and I!!It took me a minute to realize that this man was fake. In the photo it looks more fake than it did in real life! We all got a pretty good giggle out of it!We all enjoyed watching the penguins waddle around. It was probably one of my favorite exhibits. They even put an ice sculpture of a penguin in the enclosure so we knew it was freezing in there!The kids all loved climbing all over this pirate ship! I was a bit concerned when I saw this sign! Of course, Coop and Lucy were standing right beside it!
And, it wouldn't be a Chinese aquarium if there were not amble opportunity to feed different animals! Here a lady paid to feed the whales!! I'm not so sure I would get that close to the tank!The big boys were very tolerant of our morning at the aquarium...they knew the next stop was the brewery!!

No comments: